Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why is this Detroit Red Wings Fan searching for a Pink Crosby jersey? Blame Mackseyev

GGGGGGGaaahhh. I feel like I already need to say 12 "Our Hollands" and at least 2 "Hail Datsyuks" for this. But.

and its a Kardasian sized one....

But.

When your girl Juice isn't obsessing about the Wings, she occasionally does nice things that more often than not do not rhyme.  ahem.

  On Nov. 14th I am running a half marathon to raise awareness for a relatively unknown disease that affects my family: Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood. As part of my fund-raising efforts, I have promised that if we reach a certain donation level then I will take my last training run (on 11/11) through the streets of Santa Monica in a costume chosen by the people cheering me on, or as I like to think of them: "My athletic supporters".

There are two costume suggestions made by my Athletic Supporters and they are not pretty. In fact, our Girl, Mackseyev has thrown the Mothra Faulking gauntlet, people. She has dropped the goaltending stick, pushed the mask way back on her head and is sprinting toward Center Ice as if I were Patrick Roy and she were Mike Vernon circa 1997.

 Macks's lethal suggestion, after the break




Mack's Lethal Suggestion:


A Pink Sid Crosby Jersey with pink hot pants.  

The other option, suggested by my Sister: 

A deranged clown costume with half bald fro wig, preferably rainbow, big floppy shoes, red nose,  smeared deranged clown make up and a honky horn that must be utilized at regular intervals. 


And you get to vote here.


Oh I'll do it.  I have to!  The amount of money my Athletic Supporters have donated in such a short period of time (7 days)  has surpassed my expectations and my goal. I HAVE to do something to show how much it means to me.  Only one "problem".

I scoured the interwebs today looking for a Pink Sid Crosby Jersey, and there aren't any to be found. Hilariously enough, you can get a Pink Rangers jersey for $19.95 on eBay, but no Pens. I shixt you not!

The relief I feel is probably something I should not admit to, except that I have not given up. WTF? Did someone buy them all? Does Mike Milbury have a secret closet full of them? Does Gary Bettman give them out for Boxing day?

Sure sure I could ask the Kid himself if I could borrow his, but do you think he's really gonna give up his nightgown to a Detroit Red Wings fan who nicknamed him "Bucky Sanchez" and regularly calls him a whiny diver? Even if he knew it would humiliate her?

I think not.

So, drop me a line (comment below) if you find the Pink Sid Crosby Jersey anywhere on the net or for sale at a reasonable price (the cost of a roll of tape, a new mouthguard and a Pink Rangers jersey, plus shipping and handling).

sigh. the things I do.

3 comments:

  1. I think Sid would lend you his nightshirt... I mean, jersey. He's a good guy at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Su, if he does, I'll be sure to get the socks out from under the bed for you! Wait that sounds way weirder than I meant....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we cannot forget the socks!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean people. No headshots, no slashing, nothing "Parros". We will hand out 10 minute majors and reserve the right to delete and block anyone channeling Claude LeMieux or behaving badly.