Friday, September 23, 2011

Bringing the Noise and the Funk- Brendan Shanahan Sets a Needed Tone

God and Ireland Bless you Shanny, for doing it right.


2 Solid Suspensions for two thugs, including one who should have left that chip on his shoulder back in the AHL. And its only Pre-season. Suck it Shelley and Letourneau.

(That said, I have to admit I was impressed with the way Mary Kay Letourneau has reinvented herself. Let's hope this 40 year old pedo-teacher can keep it in her pants, and tone it down a notch. At least on the ice.)

No, I don’t care that its “only” pre-season, and neither should you if you have the sense god gave a dung beetle. And NO this isn’t just about setting a tone and sending a clear signal, although I am happy that it does both. This is about intentional infliction of harm. Intent to Harm. And if you are fooling yourself into thinking otherwise, you’ve never been to Anaheim or Philly.

Oh- and yea, tell the guy with the pre-season concussion that its “only” pre-season.

Set that tone Shanny. You have the chops, the intellect, the balls and the charisma to make the right calls this season- even when it gets tough, and you have a HUGE fan base of support for settling these assholes down...More after the break

Just last week I heard someone – HERE IN LA- say:
“Yea I know its out of fashion to be a thug in the NHL anymore. I'm glad. Makes the game more exciting when its not always stopped for stupid fights by guys who can’t even reach each other.”

To which I responded: 

Riiiiieeeght?  If I wanted to see a couple of guys grab jerseys and struggle for balance during a fight, I’d put Mike Tyson and Johnny Ohno on skates, with boxing gloves and let them go at it.

And everyone agreed that would be awesome.Then we went to the beach.

Its interesting and disappointing to see what a thug Jody Shelley is showing himself to be. For years as a Red Wings Fan I whined about Jody Shelley and his dirty play as a Shark. And everyone said- “Please, Juice. There are no Dirty players in the Mini-D”.  But now we see the tight lid McClellan kept on Shelley and guys of his ilk. Proof is in the Orange Sweater. And they almost had me fooled in Philly- what with Pronger seeming to take it down a Notch. Ha ha, I kid! that season shortening injury probably had me fooled, right?

So I say with all my hockey loving heart and soul: Keep it up Shanny- Don’t be afraid to make those hard decisions. We have your back. And thank you for so far seeming to have a vision that will help everyone else see its more than a bunch of pasty angry white guys on skates trying to beat the shit out of each other.

Finally.

Now if we could only suspend the mother faulking Flyer fans. Or at least let Wayne Simmonds throw a cheese steak at that racist bigoted asshole “fan”…. Hey Shanny, can you do anything about fan deuce baggery? 

ps (I know we are gonna miss you Wanye-o here in LA. Hang in there, and don't get all "Shelley" on us.)

by (Who else?) Juice in LA, or "LA Juice" if you're nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean people. No headshots, no slashing, nothing "Parros". We will hand out 10 minute majors and reserve the right to delete and block anyone channeling Claude LeMieux or behaving badly.