Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kovalchuk -- We are all witnesses.



What should I do?


Should I admit that I've made mistakes? Should I remind you that I've done this before? Should I tell you about Atlanta's playoff trip?


What should I do?


Should I tell you how I fill the stands? (So...this went well.) Should I really believe that I have a legacy to ruin?


What should I do?


Should I just sell skates like Ovechkin? Should I put my unattached head in a locker and tell you "Soon the championship will be ours!"?


Seriously? What should I do?


Should I tell you I'm a championship chaser? Did it for the money? Cup? Should I be who you want me to be? 


Should I accept my role as the selfish Russian? Maybe I should just disappear and go to the KHL.


Should I have never listened to Lou Lamoriello? He's Lou Lamoriello!


Should I try acting?


(Kovalchuk glides down the ice, is checked off the puck and...and falls. The refs arm is up. I haven't seen acting like that since our last broadcast in Pittsburgh.)


Should I make you laugh? Should I try to be a better teammate?


"I skate down ice. You give me puck. I shoot, score goal. We win. Okay? Okay!"


Should we just call out the zamboni? Try again next period?


What should I do?


Should I be who you want me to be?


2 comments:

  1. AHHHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHA hahhahahahha hhaaaaa hee hee heeee heee. aahh ahem... uh huh.

    Just watched the South Park version of this, made me think of Kovy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say hilarious parody, except this is absolutely, perfectly correct.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean people. No headshots, no slashing, nothing "Parros". We will hand out 10 minute majors and reserve the right to delete and block anyone channeling Claude LeMieux or behaving badly.